Another story I just remembered, just as important as the first one. | Dec 12 2006 11:57 PM
EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE IT'S SUPER SUPER IMPORTANT!!! _+880_____________________________ _++88_____________________________ _++88_____________________________ __+880_________________________++_ __+888________________________+88_ __++880______________________+88__ __++888_____+++88__________+++8__ __++8888__+++8880++88____+++88___ __+++8888+++8880++8888__++888____ ___++888++8888+++888888++888_____ ___++88++8888++8888888++888______ ___++++++888888888888888888______ ____++++++88888888888888888______ ____++++++++000888888888888_____ _____+++++++000088888888888______ ______+++++++00088888888888______ _______+++++++0888888888888______ _______+++++++088888888888_______ ________+++++++8888888888_______ ________+++++++0088888888_____
EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE IT'S SUPER SUPER IMPORTANT!!!
Well, this guy came to church on Sunday and complimented 1st period about my guitar playing. I was excited to see that he had come to church, as he isn't a Christian. Excited that he might have found interest in God, I talked a little more with him about it. I guess he thought I was really good, because he complimented me again. I told him that God gave me those talents and I'm just using them to glorify Him. Then, this morning, before class, he was sitting by me and this other friend of mine who also isn't a Christian. He told this guy to come to church to see me play guitar, that he should "see me play". Apparently trying to invite him to church, he went on to describe another benefit of Beltway Park. He explained how the girls were all wearing short skirts and low cut shirts and he said how "awesome" it was. It totally broke my heart.
1. Because of the obvious reason - he's coming to church to look at girls!
2. More than that, though, it broke my heart that Beltway is, apparently, a place where the girls don't dress modestly. OUR CHURCH, ALONG WITH ALL CHURCHES SHOULD NEVER BE A PLACE TO GO SEE GIRLS DRESSED EVEN SLIGHTLY IMMODESTLY!!!
Girls, realize that I'm not ragging on you. I'm not giving you the typical modesty talk, but come on. When you hear words like those, you should know something is wrong. Please, if God convicts you about this, there must be change!!! You don't realize how hard you make life for guys when you dress like that. R u one of the ones that people like him come to look at because of your dress?
The main things i'm trying to say:
1. Pray for me and these guys. It's an opportunity to invite people to come to church...
2...but girls, don't make them come for the wrong reasons!
3. People don't think anything of church right now, see what it might become w/4%...
4. Our culture is JACKED UP and we need CHANGE. IT'S TIME TO TAKE A STAND. Not necessarily one big gigantic overnight change, but a gradual change involving lots of "little stands." Start fighting for your KING!!!!!!!!!