Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blog (nice title, eh?) | Apr 20 2007 5:43 PM

Blog (nice title, eh?) | Apr 20 2007 5:43 PM

I know a lot of people who would be quick to say "I've 'called on the lord' so I must be saved" but they don't understand that they must believe, or maybe they don't believe. Whichever way, they live like everyone else and they think they will go to heaven when they die, but they probably haven't ever read this verse:

Matthew 7:21-23

Verse 21: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

ok, so now we know that you can't just say a prayer and get your ticket into heaven. You must live your life pursuing God and doing His will.

Verse 22: "Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’"

Wow. Have you ever driven out a demon?

Have you ever performed many miracles?

Think about it...then read this next verse...

Verse 23: "Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

Ok. Work with me now. I know you're probably thinking, "Wait a second Thomas. Did you just say people who prophesied and cast out demons won't get into heaven?" The answer is a very blunt yes. But think about it again - people who drove out demons, prophesied, and performed many miracles (IN GOD's NAME!!!) are being cast out of Heaven. God tells them 'I never knew you.' This proves the fact that we need a living relationship with God, not just religion - not miracles even! But one last thing...
Did you notice what God calls them? EVILDOERS! What?!?? God calls people who work miracles we couldn't even dream of (IN HIS NAME!!) evildoers. I think it's time we check ourselves, and make sure we're not on a highway to the biggest letdown in the universe. I encourage you in your quiet time to think about this verse, read it in context, and examine yourself so that you will know whether you have a relationship with God, or just a religion. So that you'll know if you are doing God's will, or just your will.

This verse should make us check ourselves more than anything.

No comments: