Sunday, October 26, 2008

| A l b a n y | | Feb 25 2007 4:18 PM

| A l b a n y | | Feb 25 2007 4:18 PM

Amazing.

As usual.

Albany was.

We went there at 4:30, practiced, warmed up, got set up, then we went to eat at Dairy Queen. It tasted very good, even though they were out of chicken. Anyways, we came back, messed around some more, and then, finally, we prayed. The worship band plus Josh went into a big storage closet with the Fearless leaders and the college students, and prayed. Brandon Hawk was there. It was my first time to meet him or hear him, but he lived up to the hype surrounding the beginning of the "albany revolution" that started at the Dnow that Peanut and Brandon were at.
I don't know, there was just something about him that was good. I guess you could sense the spirit of God within him. He was extremely calm and chill, and told everyone what he felt God was wanting to do that night. We immediately began to pray, all at once, for us, Brandon, and the whole night.

Everyone was crazy. People would shout, yell, cry, and affirm each other as they heard what another was praying. It was really really cool. Eventually the youth pastor finished praying as he broke down while praying about the fact that God died for us. It was awesome to see because I just have gotten to used to the fact that GOD DIED FOR US. I don't know. It was really cool.

Then we began worship. Initially I was very apprehensive, and I felt really uncomfortable/weird, because it seemed as if (this isn't true, just what it seemed to be) Brandon Hawk had judged us as he emphasized that worship wasn't about a "show", something we all knew oh-so-well. It just made me uncomfortable, because on one hand I didn't want to do the things I usually do on stage (you can call it "rocking out" if you want to, but that is pretty rare as I have a hard enough time worshiping and playing my guitar and the right stuff at the same time. It's a hard thing to do, and it's very hard to get into it.)

It was, bottom line, awkward somehow. I don't really know how to explain it. Anyways, worship was pretty good, rough, musically, but pretty good. Then Brandon spoke about how we need to "rebel" against culture in a way that operates out of love and respect for our authorities. It was a good message. Then, we worshiped some more and this time, it was really good. It just felt really good to play naturally, not worrying if I looked too "showy", or worrying if I looked good. It was really really good worship, ending with some fast songs that everyone was going crazy to. Good times.

This morning was good too. I'm changing. I'm changing more into a man who will stand up and be willing to lose friends. I'm beginning to count the cost, and I'm beginning to have a perspective change, as well as an attitude change.

I'm going to Granbury soon, and then to Waco so Marcus can look at Baylor and stuff. So, battlecryers, have fun while I'm gone.

God Bless. Seriously.

No comments: