Sunday, October 26, 2008

Love | Feb 15 2007 12:02 AM

Love | Feb 15 2007 12:02 AM

I really felt like someone needed to read these verses, so here they are, with my thoughts about them...

1st Corinthians 13:1-13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging symbol.

You can say anything you want, but none of it will be significant if you have no love.

And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

Dang!!! If you have prophetic powers, crazy knowledge, or you can even move mountains, but have no love, YOU ARE NOTHING. I have never moved a mountain before, I don't know about you, but wow. Even if you can do that and don't do it out of love, you are nothing. Wow.

If I give away all I have and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

That's another hard one. If you are faithful enough to answer God's call and give everything away - not just a lot of money, EVERYTHING, and still don't do it out of love, you will gain nothing. Also, if you're willing to die like a crazy martyr and still don't do that out of love, you have just wasted your life.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrobgant or rude.

To be loving and to fulfill the more excellent way you must epitomize these verses. Have you been doing everything out of love today?

It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

It doesn't insist on its own way. You must compromise, and not always get what you want to be loving.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

I think that one's self explanatory.

As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophecy in part, but when the perfect time comes, the partial will pass away.

Did you understand that? Everything will pass away!

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

So, are you acting like a child, or a man? Childish ways are characterized by the opposites of v. 4-7

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.

Man, I sure like the sound of that. Face to face with GOD!!!

Now I know in part; then I shall know fully even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I feel like someone needs to read that. It could be YOU!!!

No comments: