Sunday, October 26, 2008

The attitude of Christ / Calling brothers out | Jan 12 2007 5:40 PM

The attitude of Christ / Calling brothers out | Jan 12 2007 5:40 PM

I was talking to my good friend Eric yesterday, and God really started to convict me on how I don't live like I'm happy. We, as Christians of all people, should be the happiest people in the world!!! I mean, I am always in a good mood, I'm tired, but I'm in a good mood. But I realized how much of an opportunity Eric has to tell others about Jesus by how many people notice and ask about his good mood. I mean, he really is always in a really good mood and he's always smiling and stuff. I realized that if I really am happy, (which I most certainly am, I assure you) I should express it so that others can want what I have, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ. Come on, it is called the attitude of Christ!!! I really just don't show emotion at school, because I don't talk much (It's kind of a lie, because in some of my classes I talk nonstop, but I think you see my point). The way I am, and my personality, I just don't talk much because I hate offending people and I want everyone to like me. i guess. It sounds dumb, but I think that that's what it all comes down to. I mean, it really, really hurts to see brothers and sisters in Christ cussing and acting like anyone else, to the point that no one would know that they were Christians. Yet I still keep silent and just sit there thinking, I can't believe what they just said, instead of telling them, you know, if you really are a Christian then you need to start acting like it, because you're misrepresenting my savior and you're showing others that being a Christian doesn't mean anything. Of course, I would find a more loving and uplifting way to say it, but still...

No comments: